This unique 4-day dissection-centered course forces on mastering some of the most common workhorse approaches in neurosurgery including the pterional, supraorbital, subtemporal, retrosigmoid, midline suboccipital, interhemispheric transcallosal, suboccipital transtentoiral, and supracerebellar infratentorial, as well as lateral cervical dissection. All material is presented in an immersive 3D format in Weill Cornell’s state-of-the-art Neurosurgical Innovations and Training Center. Participating surgeons work at 3-D interactive cadaver workstations, where they watch cadaveric dissections and review surgical anatomy—all in 3D—before and during their own dissection. The combination of the 3-D environment and the cadaveric hands-on dissection affords surgeons excellent preoperative training and rehearsal of commonly used neurosurgical approaches.
The objective of this surgical course is to improve patient care. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and expose sellar and perisellar anatomy and anterior circulation
- Surgically access the basal cistern via opening of the sylvian fissure
- Complete a subtemporal approach and access the upper basilar region
- Navigate the lateral cerebellopontine angle and its neurovascular complexes
- Understand anatomy and surgical corridors to the third and fourth ventricles
- Identify quadrigeminal anatomy and understand surgical access to the pineal gland
- Access the carotid sheath and its nerovasculature via a lateral cervical corridor
Neurosurgery Residents, Fellows, and Attendings
June 6–9, 2018
To the agenda for this course click here.
Photos from Previous Courses
To view photos from previous courses click here.
Feel free to contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (212) 746-1468.
$2,400 for Attendings ($3,000 including Day 4)
$1,500 for Residents and Fellows ($2,000 including Day 4)
$750 Lecture Only (subject to availability)
On-site accommodation is available at the NewYork-Presbyterian Helmsley Tower Guest Facility.
Contact us at email@example.com.