This brand new 3-day full head dissection-centered course focuses on the most challenging approaches in skull base surgery involving the temporal bone, including the middle fossa, anterior transpetrosal, extended anterior transpetrosal, peri- and translabyrinthine, transotic, trancochlear, and infratemporal fossa approaches. All material is presented in an immersive 3D format in Weill Cornell’s state-of-the-art Neurosurgical Innovations and Training Center. Participating surgeons work at 3-D interactive cadaver workstations using full cadaveric cephali, where they perform their own dissection. The combination of the 3-D virtual reality environment and the cadaveric hands-on dissection affords surgeons excellent preoperative training and rehearsal of current, complex temporal bone approaches in skull base surgery.
The objective of this surgical course is to improve patient care. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify temporal bone anatomy and middle fossa and transmastoid osteotomies
- Perform and understand the middle fossa anterior petrosectomy
- Describe and better understand the perilabyrinthine and translabyrinthine approaches and exposures
- Perform transotic and transcochlear approaches and understand the nuances of transposition of the facial nerve
- Explore the cerebellopontine angle intradurally
- Identify infratemporal fossa anatomy and perform an infratemporal fossa type A approach
Practicing neurosurgeons, otolaryngologists, fellows, and residents in training.
June 17–19, 2020
To the agenda for this course click here.
Photos from Previous Courses
To view photos from previous courses click here.
Feel free to contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (212) 746-1468.
$1,800 (residents and fellows)
$700 (lecture only, subject to availability)
Nearby hotels include The Bentley Hotel and the Gardens Suites Hotel by Affinia. Additionally, on-site accommodation is available at the NewYork-Presbyterian Helmsley Tower Guest Facility.
Contact us at email@example.com.